MDS' 2019 at a glance
What a year! As 2019 comes to a close we want to highlight all of the incredible accomplishments our talented students & staff have achieved.
- Over 280 students graduated across our degrees, diplomas & postgraduate courses.
- Every student in our AdSchool class won an award from across numerous creative advertising competitions – most of these included beating out global competition.
- Our Bachelor of Media Design students won 1 Gold, 3 Silver, 1 Bronze, & had 1 Finalist at The Designers Institute’s Best Awards.
- Our Bachelor of Art & Design student film ‘Kino Ratten’ premiered at NZ’s Show Me Shorts Film Festival (as well as being a finalist for the ‘Best Cinematography Award’), showcased at the Toronto International Short Film Festival & won Best Animated Short at the Palm Springs International Animation Festival.
- We were awarded the title of #1 Animation School in Australasia & #5 in the world!
- Our Game Development students took home Student Game of the Year at Chromacon for their game ‘Fork Knights’.
- Students travelled across the globe for conferences, film festivals & cultural exchanges.
- Student work graced the Auckland Live digital screen in Aotea Square for the majority of the year - and will be continuing throughout this summer.
- We held an extremely successful end of year exhibition, exhibiting work across Games, Design, Animation & Post Grad. As well as a separate industry centered evening for Creative Advertising. Both were incredible exhibitions where students were able to showcase all of their hard work from throughout the year – with many receiving job offers on the evening.
We also launched:
- NZ’s first Bachelor degrees in Artificial Intelligence & Cloud Computing.
- NZ’s first NZQA micro-credentials in Data Science Essentials.
- & our stunning new website.
Thank-you to all of our MDS students who continue to shine & make us proud every day of the year. We’re excited to welcome a new cohort in Feb 2020 & applications are still open for those yet to apply!