If you are currently a New Zealand secondary school student and you have consistently achieved high marks throughout your education, then you should definitely consider applying for a Pacific Academic Excellence Scholarship.
Media Design School’s Pacific Academic Excellence scholarships provide two Pasifika students with exceptional academic potential in digital design a 50% discount on year 1 and 50% discount on year 2 the tuition fees of their chosen programme of study at Asia Pacific’s No.1 digital design school.
To be eligible to apply for an Academic Excellence Scholarship, you must:
- Have finished Year 12 and be in the process of completing Year 13 at a New Zealand school OR be an existing Media Design School Digital Creativity foundation programme student;
- Identify yourself as being of Pacific Island descent on your official application when applying for Media Design School;
- Apply for the first year of the Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art); Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming); Bachelor of Media Design (February intake only); OR the Bachelor of Art and Design.
- Demonstrate the potential for academic excellence in digital design by providing your Academic Transcript;
- If you are applying for the Bachelor of Creative Technologies, Bachelor of Media Design, or the Bachelor of Art and Design you will need to supply a portfolio demonstrating your artistic ability.
How do I apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you will need to explicitly state that you are applying for this scholarship in your Letter of Intent, which is part of your official Media Design School application.
It would be beneficial for you to highlight your involvement in your school or the wider Pasifika community as the Academic board will also take leadership and community service into consideration when awarding these scholarships.
Applicants must be New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents who are of Pasifika (Pacific Island) descent.
There are two (2) Media Design School Pacific Academic Excellence Scholarships on offer. The Scholarship Recipients will be determined on the merits of the student’s portfolio and academic transcripts as well as their community involvement and demonstrated leadership skills.
The submissions will be judged by Media Design School’s Academic and Admissions Panel, which will consist of representatives from the programme that the student is applying for as well as members from the Admissions department.
When considering your application, the Academic and Admissions Board may ask you to provide evidence of Pasifika descent.
The Academic and Admissions Panel’s determination of the scholarship recipients will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.