If you are currently a New Zealand secondary school student and you have consistently achieved high marks throughout your education, then the Māori Academic Excellence Scholarship may be right for you.
Media Design School’s Māori Academic Excellence scholarships provide two Maori students with exceptional academic potential in digital design a 50% discount on year 1 and 50% discount on year 2 the tuition fees of their chosen programme of study at Asia Pacific’s No.1 digital design school.
To be eligible to apply for an Academic Excellence Scholarship, you must:
- Have finished Year 12 and be in the process of completing Year 13 at a New Zealand school OR be an existing Digital Creativity foundation programme student;
- Identify yourself as New Zealand Māori ethnicity when applying for Media Design School;
- Apply for the first year of the Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art); Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming); Bachelor of Media Design (February 2018 only); OR the Bachelor of Art and Design.
- Demonstrate the potential for academic excellence in digital design by providing your Academic Transcript;
- If you are applying for the Bachelor of Creative Technologies, Bachelor of Media Design, or the Bachelor of Art and Design you will need to supply a portfolio demonstrating your artistic ability.
How do I apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you will need to explicitly state that you are applying for this scholarship in your Letter of Intent, which is part of your official Media Design School application.
It would be beneficial for you to highlight your involvement in your school or the wider Māori community as the Academic board will also take leadership and community service into consideration when awarding these scholarships.
We encourage all applications to study with Media Design School for February 2018 to be in by 3 November 2017. Scholarship results will be announced by the week of 29 January 2018.
Applicants must be New Zealand or Australian Citizens or New Zealand Permanent Residents of Māori descent.
There are two (2) Media Design School Māori Academic Excellence Scholarships on offer. The Scholarship Recipients will be determined on the merits of the student’s portfolio and academic transcripts as well as their community involvement and demonstrated leadership skills.
The submissions will be judged by Media Design School’s Academic and Admissions Panel, which will consist of representatives from the programme that the student is applying for as well as members from the Admissions department.
When considering your application, the Academic and Admissions Board may ask you to provide evidence of your whakapapa (such as the names of your parents, grandparents and in some instances great grandparents) as well as information relating to your iwi, hāpū and marae.
The Academic and Admissions Panel’s determination of the scholarship recipients will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.