1. Withdrawal and refund requests must be submitted through the Student Services Manager. The student will be required to complete the Student Services Form stating the reason for the withdrawal.
2. Students can withdraw from the programme up to the end of the eighth calendar day (for Domestic Students), or tenth working day (for International Students) after the commencement of an intake of a programme. Domestic students who withdraw from a course of study up to the end of the eighth calendar day after the commencement of an intake of a programme will be refunded the payment(s) made, minus and administration fees of $500 or 10% of the invoiced tuition fees, whichever is the lesser. International students who withdraw from a course of study up to the end of the tenth working day after the commencement of an intake of a programme will be refunded between 75% and 90% of their tuition fees, where Media Design School has the right to retain fees that are reasonable to cover the expenses already incurred when the student withdraws within this period (Education Amendment Act 2010 (No 3). International Students withdrawing within the first 10 days of their course of study can be charged up to 25% of their Tuition fees to cover costs incurred for the following: registration fees, export education levy, recruitment, marketing, agents' commission, and overhead costs as well as student workbooks, equipment or textbooks they have been supplied with during this period.
3. Students who withdraw within the first eight calendar days (for Domestic Students), or ten working days (for International Students) will not be refunded for any student workbooks, equipment or textbooks they have been supplied with during this period.
4. Students must have paid all outstanding payments and returned all resources belonging to the school before any withdraw approval will be given.
5. Students withdrawing after the eighth calendar day (Domestic Students) or tenth working day (International Students) from the commencement of a programme are not eligible for any refund. Those who are paying through a StudyLink Student Loan are subject to full payment of all course fees as per their invoice.
6. Students withdrawing after the eighth calendar day (Domestic Students)/ tenth working day (International Students) from are still liable to pay the full invoiced amount for their fees plus any additional expenses incurred while at the school.
7. In the event of a programme of study being cancelled by the school prior to commencement, students will be granted a full refund of fees paid or the option to transfer the funds paid to next available intake. Any additional costs that the student may have incurred (direct or indirect) will not be refunded. The School reserves the right to offer to charge the current intake fees to the students willing to transfer to the next available intake.
8. In the unlikely event of a programme being cancelled after commencement, a proportional refund of fees will be made from the point of cancellation.
9. International Students will be refunded on the basis of the NZ dollar payment receipted at the time of their payment(s).
10. In the unlikely event of any regulatory closure of the school, Media Design School through Public Trust will ensure that any refund due to student will be made in accordance with the Act and the current NZQA student fee protection rules.
11. Conditionally enrolled students who paid their fees but do not meet the full enrolment requirements of the conditional Offer (eg. IELTS, UE) will be refunded the full amount paid. Supporting documents (IELTS, NCEA results) must be provided by the student.
12. International students whose visa is declined will be refunded the full amount paid. The original Immigration letter declining the visa application must be provided.
13. If an International Student attains Permanent Residence status during the course of study, fees will not be adjusted and no refunds are applicable.
14. Media Design School is not liable to pay for any overseas transfer fees and charges occurred in any refunds.