The Tertiary Education Commission funds tertiary education in New Zealand and determines the number of domestic students on all qualifications offered at Media Design School.
Government Funding for Domestic Students
The rate of funding varies depending if full or part time, from programme to programme, and from year to year. The funding is utilised as a direct programme fee reduction. Please Note: For the purposes of Student Component funding, a domestic student is one of the following:
- A New Zealand citizen, which includes Cook Island, Niue, and Tokelau citizens.
- A New Zealand permanent resident, currently living in New Zealand.
- An Australian citizen who is currently living in New Zealand.
- An Australian permanent resident who has a returning residents visa who is currently living in New Zealand.
- Certain exchange students and dependents of diplomats.