We want to make it as simple as possible for you to apply and join us at Media Design School. So we’ve laid out the whole process for you, step by step. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
Complete the ‘Apply Online’ form
Fill in our apply online form here. Once you have filled out and submitted your online application, one of our team will be in touch within a few days to guide you through the next two steps below.
If you want to be really proactive, go ahead and start putting together the necessary supporting documents listed in stage 2 below, while you wait for us to get in touch.
If you are enrolled at a New Zealand secondary school and have not yet completed your NCEA (CIE or equivalent) qualification you can still apply now for admission. When your NCEA results are available in January, we will check them and contact you. For more detailed information about the ‘approved subject list’ and specific literacy credits we suggest you check the NZQA website.
Prepare the necessary supporting documents
To support the second stage of your application, we’ll need these documents:
- A one page personal letter of intent.
- A portfolio relevant to the qualification you’re applying for. For selected programmes you may choose to complete a Media Design School brief if you don’t have a current portfolio of work. For the full entry requirements you will need to go to each dedicated page for each programme. Download portfolio guidelines
- A certified photocopy of the front page of your passport or your birth certificate.
- A detailed resume of your work and education history
- Transcripts from schools, tertiary institutes or training courses attended within the past five years.
- Two letters of reference for Diploma qualifications, three for Graduate Diplomas.
- Results from an IELTS or TOEFL test (if applicable) of 5.5 for Diplomas, 6.0 for Bachelor Degrees and Graduate Diplomas.
All photocopied documents (results, transcripts, certificates, etc) must be certified as true and correct copies. Documents that have not been certified will not be accepted. Once you’ve got everything together your full application can be couriered or posted to:
Media Design School
Level 16, 92 Albert Street
Media Design School
PO Box 5927
Offer of Place and Enrolment
Once your application (with all supporting documents) has been received, it will be reviewed by the Admissions Board. Please note that you may be contacted during the review process for an interview, which will take place at Media Design School, or by Skype or telephone. The number of places for each course is limited, and admission is based on the quality and content of your application (including the visual portfolio), prior experience and achievements, your level of written and spoken English, maturity, attitude and commitment to the course.
Successful applicants will receive an Offer of Place for the programme, along with information about enrolling and studying at Media Design School. To reserve your place on the programme you will need to confirm your enrolment by the date specified with your offer of place.You will then need to pay your full fees as invoiced.
For international students you will need to make arrangements for your accommodation and travel and include proof of this – along with your documents from Media Design School – with your student visa application.