We want to make it as simple as possible for you to apply and join us at Media Design School. So we’ve laid out the whole process for you, step by step. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
Complete the ‘Apply Online’ form.
Fill in our apply online form here. Once you have filled out and submitted your online application, one of our team will be in touch within a few days to guide you through the next two steps below.
If you want to be really proactive, go ahead and start putting together the necessary supporting documents listed in stage 2 below, while you wait for us to get in touch.
Prepare the necessary supporting documents.
To support the second stage of your application, we’ll need these documents:
- A one page personal letter of intent.
- A portfolio relevant to the qualification you’re applying for. For selected programmes you may choose to complete a Media Design School brief if you don’t have a current portfolio of work. For the full entry requirements you will need to go to each dedicated page for each programme.
- A certified photocopy of the front page of your passport or your birth certificate.
- A detailed resume of your work and education history
- Transcripts from schools, tertiary institutes or training courses attended within the past five years.
- Two letters of reference for Diploma qualifications, three for Graduate Diplomas.
- Results from an IELTS or TOEFL test (if applicable) of 5.5 for Diplomas, 6.0 for Bachelor Degrees.
All photocopied documents (results, transcripts, certificates, etc) must be certified as true and correct copies. Documents that have not been certified will not be accepted. Once you’ve got everything together your full application can be couriered or posted to:
Media Design School
Level 16, 92 Albert Street
Media Design School
PO Box 5927
Interview and Enrolment
Once your application (with all supporting documents) has been received and reviewed we’ll contact you to arrange an interview. This will happen in person at Media Design School, and if this isn’t possible then we’ll conduct it via MSN, Skype, telephone or email. After the interview we will contact you about the status of your application. Selection is based on the quality and content of your application (including the visual portfolio), prior experience and achievements, your level of written and spoken English, maturity, attitude and commitment to the course.
If your application is successful you’ll be given an ‘Offer of Place’ which will be confirmed when you pay your Registration Fee of NZD$250 (for domestic students) or NZD$500 (international students). You will then need to pay your full fees as invoiced. Once your Registration Fee has been receipted you will be issued a confirmation letter stating that you are registered as a student at Media Design School, and you will also be sent an enrolment pack which aims to answer most of the questions you may have between acceptance and commencement of your qualification.
For international students you will need to make arrangements for your accommodation and travel and include proof of this – along with your documents from Media Design School – with your student visa application.