Media Design School lives the world of creativity, preparing top-talent graduates for the entertainment, media and design sectors both in NZ and internationally.
Programme Leader – Software Engineering (Game Programming)
The Bachelor of Software Engineering in Game Programming is a very specific qualification providing students with programming skills to enable them to work in the burgeoning computer games industry (console, tablet, PC and handheld). Over their three years of study, students develop a broad, interdisciplinary understanding of the industry and related fields as well as specialist technical, conceptual and development skills. Students and faculty work collaboratively with the department of Creative Technologies (game art) allowing students to pursue project-based learning bringing together the two complementary skill sets of programming/code and game art and design.
We are looking for a Programme Leader-Software Engineering who will be responsible for providing leadership and ensuring quality and success of the software engineering degree. The Programme Leader-Software Engineering will also play a key role in the design and development of world class research programmes within specific research areas.
Lastly, you also need a sincere desire to make a difference through education.
The school’s environment is focused on quality, energy, drive, challenge, opportunity, innovation and success. Working hours are 40 hours per week with approx. 0.2 - 0.4 teaching and the balance in research, assessment, mentoring and course preparation.
For this exciting full time position, you will need:
• Experience in the education sector
• Considerable specialist industry experience
• Excellence in research as demonstrated by publications, research manuscripts, conference presentations, etc.
• A tertiary qualification (Masters or PhD in a relevant field)
• A comprehensive understanding of industry practices in education and a relevant subject field
• Demonstrated academic and research skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills as well as utstanding leadership skills
• A passion for games
• The ability to inspire, support and mentor lecturers and students to be their best
Are you interested? Then please apply online or contact us to discuss this fantastic role further (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications close as soon as the right person applies. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.